Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Aileron and Flap Fabric backing Plates


The fabric backing plates are complete.  As you can see, I applied zinc chromate to them. Per Richard Holtz (Sheepdog), I used a non phosphorous version from PTI.  I used this because Oratex requires some type of aluminum prep.


All that is left to do on the wings are to install nut plates to the #9 rib for the wing tips, and applying body filler, and of course sanding.  On past projects I used Super-fill, but I consulted that factory and they are using Z-Grip by Evercoat.  I looked it up on YouTube and it looks pretty cool to use.  I am not going to start the fill till after I get out to the hangar.  It will make too much mess in the "Wife's" Basement.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good Bruce! Good progress. Its been a few months since I had a chance to scroll around your blog. Happy to see you making progress. Hope to run into you again at OSH this year. Its only like 100 days away you know!

    Best

    Ben Schneider

    ReplyDelete